Timings are in British Summer Time.
2020 – A pivotal year for commodities and risk management
- COVID-19 impact: What have we learnt from this crisis?
- Towards a real deglobalisation of the markets?
- Global climate change wake-up call: What will it change this year?
- How the rise of new technologies is shaping up the way we do trading, and risk management
What if water was the new commodity?
FEDERICA STRUMIA-MICHELINI, Head of Risk and Control, NESTE
The macroeconomic context for commodity trading – Understanding the bigger picture to better manage risks
- General economic recession following the sanitary crisis: Will it last? What consequences do we see?
- Trade wars and popular uprising: Is this trend here to stay?
- Low interest rates: What if it rises again?
- How will this influence your approach to risk management?
LUKASZ BIELAK, Head of Financial and Market Risk, KGHM
What it means to be a risk professional in such a transitional period
- What has been the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on risk management? Have the business continuity plans been followed and to the standard we would expect them to be?
- What are the new risks emerging as a result of deglobalisation? How can they be monitored and mitigated?
- What impact has digitalisation on your day-to-day job? What steps are you taking, as a company and as a risk expert, to embrace the digital revolution? How to limit the increase of operational risk associated to this trend?
- Climate change and risks: Where are you?
- ESG criteria: How are you incorporating it in your risk management strategy?
- Looking at all the risks in a holistic way
CRAIG MACDOUGALL, Chief Risk Officer, KIMURA CAPITAL
KIM BENNI, Head of Risk, ALVEAN (CARGILL & COPERSUCAR JV)
HASSAN AL ALAWI, Senior Director, OMAN’S INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT FUND (OIM)
Climate risk – Is it a new financial risk?
- What is under the umbrella term of Climate risk?
- How to quantify climate risk: What tools do you need to
- quantify climate risk? What parameters do you look at?
- Looking at the direct and indirect impacts of climate risks
- Insurance: Where they can help
JAGDISH PARIHAR, Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, OLAM INTERNATIONAL
LUNCH BREAK & NETWORKING
Networking & Pre-arranged meetings
Networking Reception & Virtual Drinks
END OF DAY 1